The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Multiple data fitting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
blochos Posted - 06/18/2009 : 12:05:51 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8SR4, v8.0951 (B951)
Operating System:XP Professional

Hi!

I have a problem with fitting many curves simultaneously (with some shared parameters). I want to fit e.g 14 curves. 7 of them with the following functions (I write functionS because there will be in fact 7 functions which differ in some constants)

y1=J0+Jm1*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l1))+Jm2*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l2))+Jm3*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l3))+(x-t0)/e0
y2=..
y7=...

And the other 7 curves with this formula (as well 7 functions differing in constants):

y1=Jmax-J0-(Jm1*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l1))+Jm2*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l2))+Jm3*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l3)))
y2=..
y7=...

All the 14 curves must be fitted at the same time

How to do this in Origin? Please help
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tony_lincoln Posted - 08/14/2009 : 5:38:51 PM
Add all plots in active page--- This is the key point for the visualization of several curves in the same graph.
Thanks.
TOny
tony_lincoln Posted - 08/14/2009 : 5:09:43 PM
Suppose that I have 7 curves. I want to fit these 7 curves simultaneously using the same equation (of course, different parameters). After fitting, I want to visulize these 7 curves in the same graph. Is this visualization possible? If so, how?
Thanks.
Tony
Ibex Posted - 06/29/2009 : 10:03:15 AM
Maybe you could add something like
if (class==1) y=J0+Jm1*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l1))+Jm2*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l2))+Jm3*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l3))+(x-t0)/e0;
if (class==2) y=Jmax-J0-(Jm1*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l1))+Jm2*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l2))+Jm3*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l3)));

and set class fixed to 1 or 2 for the first 7 or second 7 curves. The different constants for the different curves you could also set as fixed (but not shared) variables.

Ibex
easwar Posted - 06/19/2009 : 09:42:17 AM
Hi,

This is currently not supported in Origin, you can perform global fit with parameter sharing between different datasets, with only one function, not different function for each dataset.

We will consider this for a future version, thank you for the inquiry.

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000