The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Multiple data fitting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

blochos

1 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  12:05:51 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8SR4, v8.0951 (B951)
Operating System:XP Professional

Hi!

I have a problem with fitting many curves simultaneously (with some shared parameters). I want to fit e.g 14 curves. 7 of them with the following functions (I write functionS because there will be in fact 7 functions which differ in some constants)

y1=J0+Jm1*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l1))+Jm2*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l2))+Jm3*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l3))+(x-t0)/e0
y2=..
y7=...

And the other 7 curves with this formula (as well 7 functions differing in constants):

y1=Jmax-J0-(Jm1*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l1))+Jm2*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l2))+Jm3*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l3)))
y2=..
y7=...

All the 14 curves must be fitted at the same time

How to do this in Origin? Please help

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2009 :  09:42:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

This is currently not supported in Origin, you can perform global fit with parameter sharing between different datasets, with only one function, not different function for each dataset.

We will consider this for a future version, thank you for the inquiry.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Ibex

Germany
14 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  10:03:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Maybe you could add something like
if (class==1) y=J0+Jm1*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l1))+Jm2*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l2))+Jm3*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l3))+(x-t0)/e0;
if (class==2) y=Jmax-J0-(Jm1*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l1))+Jm2*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l2))+Jm3*(1-exp(-(x-t0)/l3)));

and set class fixed to 1 or 2 for the first 7 or second 7 curves. The different constants for the different curves you could also set as fixed (but not shared) variables.

Ibex
Go to Top of Page

tony_lincoln

USA
Posted - 08/14/2009 :  5:09:43 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Suppose that I have 7 curves. I want to fit these 7 curves simultaneously using the same equation (of course, different parameters). After fitting, I want to visulize these 7 curves in the same graph. Is this visualization possible? If so, how?
Thanks.
Tony
Go to Top of Page

tony_lincoln

USA
Posted - 08/14/2009 :  5:38:51 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Add all plots in active page--- This is the key point for the visualization of several curves in the same graph.
Thanks.
TOny
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000