The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Linear and non linear X axis (bottom and top)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
D650-1349-EFD3-30C7 Posted - 06/10/2010 : 09:41:45 AM
I am trying to plot the profile (lambda x) of a 2D FFT image on a 2D graph with pixel values on a bottom X axis (ranging from -255 to 256) and the corresponding wavelength values (lambda (nm)) on a top X axis (here ranging 0.13 ... +inf ... 0.13).
I also want to have some precise values written on the top axis with tick-indexed dataset (which I tried to do using Tick labels > Type: Tick-indexed dataset).
I have tried to use a reciprocal X axis at the top, but the problem is that the value corresponding to 0 at the bottom would be infinite at the top.
I also tried to have a 2nd and a 3rd layer corresponding respectively to the [-255; 0[ and ]0; 256] intervals, but it does not seem to work (top axis with a wrong scale or indexed ticks at the wrong place), even when trying to introduce some breaks towards infinity.

Could you please help me with it?

Yann

Origin Ver.: 8.0 SR6
Operating System: XP
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
larry_lan Posted - 06/10/2010 : 10:24:14 PM
Hi Yann:

How the top axis maps to the bottom axis? Your top axis is not linear scale, so how 0.13 maps to 256, any formula?

Thanks
Larry
D650-1349-EFD3-30C7 Posted - 06/10/2010 : 10:04:04 AM
This is an example of what I would like to do (axis drawn manually here but to scale):

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000