The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Linear and non linear X axis (bottom and top)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

D650-1349-EFD3-30C7

UK
Posted - 06/10/2010 :  09:41:45 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I am trying to plot the profile (lambda x) of a 2D FFT image on a 2D graph with pixel values on a bottom X axis (ranging from -255 to 256) and the corresponding wavelength values (lambda (nm)) on a top X axis (here ranging 0.13 ... +inf ... 0.13).
I also want to have some precise values written on the top axis with tick-indexed dataset (which I tried to do using Tick labels > Type: Tick-indexed dataset).
I have tried to use a reciprocal X axis at the top, but the problem is that the value corresponding to 0 at the bottom would be infinite at the top.
I also tried to have a 2nd and a 3rd layer corresponding respectively to the [-255; 0[ and ]0; 256] intervals, but it does not seem to work (top axis with a wrong scale or indexed ticks at the wrong place), even when trying to introduce some breaks towards infinity.

Could you please help me with it?

Yann

Origin Ver.: 8.0 SR6
Operating System: XP

D650-1349-EFD3-30C7

UK
Posted - 06/10/2010 :  10:04:04 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is an example of what I would like to do (axis drawn manually here but to scale):

Go to Top of Page

larry_lan

China
Posted - 06/10/2010 :  10:24:14 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Yann:

How the top axis maps to the bottom axis? Your top axis is not linear scale, so how 0.13 maps to 256, any formula?

Thanks
Larry
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000