The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 A few questions about "Adj. R-Square"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
erickzhou Posted - 09/10/2010 : 04:17:32 AM
Origin Ver 8. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: WinXP

My data is 512*512 size, it is composed by a low frequency background trend and radom noise.

I use "nonlinear surcafe fit" in Origin 8.0 to extract the low frequency background trend. The fitting processe was successful(100), and the "Adj. R-Square" is 0.92173.

Now I have two questions.
First, since the fitting result for background is good, can I say that magnitude of the image grayscale change associated with background trend was substantially greater than the magnitude of the noise?

Second, if the fitting processe was successful(100), is the Adj. R-Square enough and commonly used for statistical description for goodness of fit?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
erickzhou Posted - 09/13/2010 : 9:27:36 PM
Thank you for your reply.

I have another question. I found in many published papers, "RSS" was often used as the definition of fitting error measures, but to best of my knowledge, I have not found anyone who used "Adj. R-Square" as the definition of fitting error measures. Is the definition of "as the definition of fitting error measures" given out only by Origin software? If it is not, can you give me some reference about those who choose "Adj. R-Square" as the definition of fitting error measures.

Thank you very much!
larry_lan Posted - 09/13/2010 : 10:26:39 AM
Hi:

For Q1, maybe you can compare two fits?

For Q2, it's really hard to say. Any decision should be base on your research. And there are some values/graphs you can look into.

Thanks
Larry

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000