The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Frame thickness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

vinegoni

pittsburgh
2 Posts

Posted - 02/08/1999 :  9:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi I want to know how it's possible to set the thickness of a frame. Every time I print a grap and choose for the axis a 1.5 points thickness my frame is automatically fixed at 1.0. And I dont' know how to change. The problem is that when you submit a figure you have to reduce the size and so I need in some cases a thickness of 1.5 pts.
Any suggestion? I'm using origin 5.0. With Origin 4.0 never had this problem.
bye
claudio

scottp

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 02/09/1999 :  3:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In Origin version five the best way to have a border around a graph is to turn on the top X and the Right Y axis, with no tick marks or labels. There is no provision for altering the frame thickness.

First select from the Origin Menu bar:
Format: Axis: X axis

Select the Title and Format tab and check off Show Axis and Ticks for the top X axis.
Next change the Major and Minor Ticks to NONE.

Click on OK. You can set the thickness of the Axis to any thickness you want.

You will need to repeat this procedure for the Right Y axis.

Go to Top of Page

Barb Tobias

USA
305 Posts

Posted - 02/10/1999 :  7:43:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
And here's another option .... Display the "opposite lines" for the X and Y axis.
Instead of enabling the display of the top X and right Y axis (and then turning off the display of the respective ticks and labels), you can display opposite lines for both the bottom X and left Y axis. To do this, double-click on the bottom X axis to open the X Axis dialog box, select the Grid Lines tab, and then select the Opposite check box in the Additional Lines group. Then you can customize the bottom X axis and opposite line thickness using the Thickness combination box on the Title & Format tab. To apply your thickness selection to the left Y axis and its opposite line (which you haven't displayed yet), select the Thickness check box in the Apply To group of the Title & Format tab. Leave the associated drop-down list set to This Layer.
Then enable the display of the opposite line for the left Y axis (click the Left icon in the Selection list).
Opposite lines provide a fast way to "box in your graph".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000