The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Refresh of Plot with new data
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

daneel

2 Posts

Posted - 02/06/1999 :  2:34:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I'm trying to find a simple way (one click) way to refresh an existing histogram plot after I import a new column of data in the existing column in the corresponding worksheet. (in excel this would be automatic).

Do I need to write a script?

Does the historgram plot know anything about which worksheet column was used to create the histogram?

If I turn my histogram into a template, click on the column I wish to plot, and open the template (plot/template), origin crashes EVERY time.

Seems like this should be as trivial as in excel not 10 times harder. HELP!

Thanks, David Kebler

Gary Lane

USA
150 Posts

Posted - 02/10/1999 :  12:37:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear David,

When you select a column of raw data and then click on the Histogram plot button Origin creates a new worksheet in which it places the binned data of the original raw data. It then plots the binned data, not the raw data, into the layer contents of the Histogram plot. This method of implementation requires that certain script commands be executed when creating a Histogram plot from raw unbinned data. That is why for Histogram plots you can not simply load new raw data into an original raw data worksheet and have an automatic and instant refresh of the Histogram plot. It is also why Plot:Template of a Histogram based plot template will not work.

In a nut shell, the script that creates the binned data worksheet does not get run when you import new raw data or plot to a Histogram based template. If you wish to create a new Histogram plot all you need to do is select your data and then click once on the Histogram plot button. Thank you for your report of this issue. It is an issue that we were already aware of and that will most likely be addressed in our next release version.

Also, as I stated above, even though plotting to a Histogram based plot template is not supported in Origin 5.0 I did try to reproduce the crash that you mentioned. However, I was not able to reproduce it even after several attempts. I recommend directly contacting Technical Support at your Origin Software dealer to resolve this issue.

Sincerely,

Gary Lane

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000