The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 contour plot, multiple data sets
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

studentAgain

8 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2011 :  9:13:31 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

I am struggling with contour plots and would like to ask a question on how to make one single contour plot from multiple Z columns (1X-1Y-NZ)?

I can easily make a plot from 'single' XYZ columns but I cannot combine it with another Z column data on the same layer. In other words, I cannot find a way how to group different sets of data/columns and plot them in one contour map.

I would greatly appreciate any help,
Thanks.

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  10:39:13 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi studentAgain,

You can simply add the second XYZ datasets to the existing plot by adding the new Z dataset to the graph by the Layer Contents dialog box, or adding the second XYZ columns to the graph by the Plot Setup. To avoid hiding the back contour from the opaque front one, you would need adjusting transparency of plots (which is available in Origin 8.5 or later).

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

studentAgain

8 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  9:45:07 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for your reply. I am using Origin 8.1 pro and had to play with zero color/background of the top plot/layer to make anything below it - visible.
Too bad things cannot be simplified just by grouping different sets of data and making them appear to have the same origin...

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  10:44:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi studentAgain,

Until upgrading to the transparency-capable version in future, I would try to put a B/W Line Contour on top of the filled contour.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 12/20/2011 10:44:39 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000