The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 converting large random xyz data to matrix
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

5*10

Germany
Posted - 12/20/2011 :  10:55:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.5 SR1
Operating System:Win XP

Dear all,

I have a problem with convertin a xyz-worksheet to a matrix.
I read allready plenty of topics and I tried several thing but I'm not able to find a good solution. Actually I stored 21o data files in one worksheet which has now around 100.000 rows with x,y,z-data.
What I would like to do is to interplate xyz to get x and y equally spaced to export them into an ascii file which I need for another application.
I thought the easiest way would be to convert them with a gridding method to a matrix and after that export them. The matrix dimension I would prefer should be 2000x2000.

Am I right with this way to proceed?

Bye 5*10

5*10

Germany
Posted - 12/20/2011 :  11:53:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Actually I forgot to Spechts the Problem. The x Col contains values from 2.435 to 120.6, y-col -89.6 to 30.6. The matrix should contain the z values interpolated by the given xyz-data in the range from 2.5 to 120 and -30 to 30 equally spaced in 0.5 and 0.05. Which gridding method should I use? I tried with splenka but the chose min and max values were nor supported. Most of the other gridding methods led to a crash of the application.

Hope to get an answer as soon as possible

Cheers 5*10
Go to Top of Page

5*10

Germany
Posted - 12/21/2011 :  05:14:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear all,

this morning I got another idea which seems to work properly. I used to convert form XYZ to Matrix the gridding method renka cline with the default settings. After that I did an interpolation using spline method of the matrix in the needed range.

Even that this time I didn't need help finally, thx for having the possibility to post questions here.

Merry christmas to everybody.

5*10
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000