The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Set workbook values?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Vilito

3 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2012 :  10:57:07 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release: OriginPro 8.6 (32-bit) sr 1
Operating System: Win7 64bit

I am interested in make absorption measurements, to do that I need to make a simple operation( log(col(a)/col(b)), I am always taking col(a) as reference) this is really easy to do with few columns, the problem is that I have 2000 columns per workbook and 50 different workbooks. Is there anyway to make it?
It will be nice if I can put the generated data in a new workbook to make it more easy-to-use.

Thank you.

Vilito

3 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  09:01:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've been looking on the help window and the only thing similar that I've found is the "Entering Expressions in the Set Column Dialog" topic. However, I haven't succeed. Any suggestions will be more than welcome.

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  3:53:53 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It isn't clear what you are trying to do, but you can use the csetvalue X-Function to programmatically do what Set Column Values does.

For example:
csetvalue
col:=3
formula:=log(col(1)/col(2))
script:=""
recalculate:=none;

Combine that information with this general loop through all columns in all Worksheets in all Workbooks:
// For all Workbooks
doc -e W
{
// For all Worksheets in current Workbook
loop(iWks,1,page.nlayers)
{
// Make next Sheet active
page.active = iWks;
// For all columns in the active Sheet
loop(iCol,1,wks.ncols)
{
ty %(page.name$), %(layer.name$), %(wks.col$(iCol).name$);
}
}
}
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000