The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Scatter Plot - labelling every point
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Shubha

1 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2012 :  11:07:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

I need to a scatter plot with the following data, such that when the graph is plotted, each point has a different color and the legend label should show the B2, B3 for respective colors
X Y
B2 0.100 81.8
B3 0.121 84.3
B4 0.133 85.7
B5 0.116 74.2
B6 0.125 83.9
B7 0.109 76.4
B8 0.106 72.6
B9 0.098 73.6
B10 0.100 73.9

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2012 :  1:00:02 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Shubha,

Since each entry in a legend represents a whole Y dataset, you cannot show all datapoints
in a legend (unless you manually construct it).

The easiest way to show a label to each point is to put data labels (beside every point)
by specifying a column as a label dataset (from the Label tab in Plot Details dialog):

If you definitely need a legend form, the following is a work-around by using a second layer like this:

Here, I have organized the worksheet as shown, and made a legend-like scatter plot
(Graph2) using "Increment" for the Symbol Color, hid all axes, and drew a box (Graph3),
then copy-and-paste the layer frame into the original scatter graph (Graph1) (by
selecting the layer to show the frame in Graph3, CTRL-C, then CTRL-V in Graph1).

I hope this helps.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000