The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 2 histogram questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2012 :  5:57:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

I'm trying to make some histograms. I'm starting out with a very simple data set (see screenshot), but the rest of my data is a lot more complicated. Anyway, I have two questions.

1) I want to go to the bin worksheet so I can calculate the average height of each bin and its standard deviation, and plot accordingly. However, when I click "Workbook" on the Plot Details tab, that just takes me back to my original worksheet. I looked through my entire project and if there's a new workbook, I'm not finding it. What where?

2) My data is all integers. I want the bin group to be centered above the integer that represents it. For example, in the plot below, I want the two big bin groups to be centered above 2 and 9, rather than 2.5 and 9.5. But Bin Alignment is greyed out in Plot Details. Now what? (If I can find the bin worksheet, I can type in new x-values, etc, but if there's an easier way, I'd appreciate it since it can get finicky doing that for all the other data.)

I'm using OriginPro 8.5 SR1 on Windows 7.
Thank you.

Kathy_Wang

China
159 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2012 :  10:38:39 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

1) To open the bin workbook, you should right click on the graph page and choose "Go to Bin Worksheet" in the context menu, please note that you need to make sure neither the layer and the plot are active(i.e. only the page is active).

2) There is a tricky and easier way to change the bin centers, that in the plot details dialog, uncheck the Automatic Binning and use "0.5" for Bin Begin instead of "1".

Kathy
Originlab
Go to Top of Page

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  2:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000