The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 global fitting three state protein unfolding data
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

AdamCrain

5 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  2:47:26 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I am interested in doing protein folding calculations using origin. I know that my protein unfolds via a three state mechanism because there are two different unfolding transitions monitored by two different techniques. I have a three state equation that must be used and two curves that need to be fit to get the data. I also know that because there are two curves that make up the whole, I must use a global fit to fit both curves. The three state equation takes into account that there are two curves and so there are two of each parameter built into the equation. However when I do a global fit using a three state equation, origin doubles all the parameters and now I have twice as many parameters as I would need. I can share all the parameters since it is only one protein and get the correct number of parameters but then I only get one curve fit which is the average of the two curves rather than two fits, one for each curve. Is there any way to do a global fit on two curves without doubling the number of parameters?

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  3:46:17 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi AdamCrain,

I suggest you to send the formula of the fitting function (say, in Word or text format)
and your data to our Technical Support from this page:
http://originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Support&pid=752

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000