The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 3-D diagram
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

hunle20nian

2 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  11:29:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello everybody. I am a new learner of Origin, and I met some problems.

I want to draw a triangle to present the composition of a 3-element alloy system. Each line of the triangle corresponds to the percentage of each element. So if I know that in my alloy there is 30% A, 30% B, then I know there should be 1-30%-30%=40% C. Then I can put 30%, 30%,40% in x, y, z column and click the "ternary" button at the bottom of the tool bar. To do this, I have to add a new column and set it as Z column(I guess)in the very beginning, but actually it's a 2-D diagram, Z is related to X and Y.

Now I want to add a "real" Z axis to this 2-D triangle to make it a 3-D diagram. And I want to make the "real" Z value be presented in a column shape. Is it possible? Thank you very much!!!!

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  12:35:58 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We currently do not support adding another dimension to Ternary plots. This is already on our list of things to consider for a future version.
Go to Top of Page

hunle20nian

2 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  3:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

benj nl

2 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2012 :  05:00:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by greg

We currently do not support adding another dimension to Ternary plots. This is already on our list of things to consider for a future version.

Hello,

I would like to design something similar (a ternary diagram with a vertical time axis). Is Origin upgraded in order to do so ?

Thank you ;)
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  12:24:20 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Origin currently doesn't have such graph type, but as an alternative, you can merge a
ternary plot (just a frame is fine) and a vector plot. See the screenshot below.

Here, the ternary coordinates (A(X) B(Y) C(Z)) are already normalized.
You can pay attention the values of columns E-H which have formulae to obtain the vector coordinates in Cartesian XY.

Hope this helps.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

benj nl

2 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  03:55:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for your help
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000