The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 3D XYY Scatter+Line plot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Kronecker Delta

3 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2012 :  06:15:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro v8.1.34.90
Operating System:Windows 7

Hi,
i have one X and several Y columns with different labels. how can i plot a graph like in the figure

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2012 :  11:51:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Kronecker Delta,

Not exactly the same, you can make the sample below as multiple 3D trajectory plots in Origin.

Here is the summery of what I did to make and customize the graph:

1) Organize the worksheet XYZ column triplets like in the sample.
2) Make a 3D trajectory plot from the first XYZ.
3) Add other XYZ triplets using Layer Contents dialog.
4) Customize the plots such as:
   a) Set the 3D projection to "Orthogonal" (from Miscellaneous" tab 
      in the layer-level Plot Details dialog).
   b) Set the axis length to show the 3D frame in the desired proportion 
      (from Axis" tab in the layer-level Plot Details dialog).
   c) Show XY projection of each plot with a connected hidden(i.e. size=0) symbols.

Hope this works for you.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Kronecker Delta

3 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2012 :  09:12:20 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi Hideo Fujii, thanks for brief reply. that's solve my problem but additionally i need smoothed lines. similar to B-spline or something like that as in the 2D plots.

Edited by - Kronecker Delta on 09/12/2012 09:14:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2012 :  11:54:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Kronecker Delta,

> additionally i need smoothed lines. similar to B-spline or something like that as in the 2D plots.

Then, you need to pre-process your data. Currently, (B-)Spline connection is not available in 3D
trajectory. For each XYZ triplet, you can run, e.g., XYZ trace interpolation (under "Analysis: Math" menu).

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000