The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 fitLRXErr (linear fit with X and Y error)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  6:48:55 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I'm trying to use x-function fitLRXErr but I'm getting a Command Error. I don't understand how it's supposed to work. The documentation, if I'm reading it right, says that the input is 2 columns, iy:=(1,2), but there are actually 4: X, Y, X error, Y error. The graphical version (Analysis > Fitting > Fit Linear with X Error) takes 4 columns as inputs. Huh?

I'm using OriginPro 8.5 SR1 on Windows 7.

Penn

China
644 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2012 :  10:14:05 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

This X-Function is not accessible from script. The wiki page was incorrect, our apologies.

Also please note that in version 8.5 the algorithm used for the computation was incorrect. We have improved the tool in our current version 8.6, but the tool is still not accessible from LabTalk. We will consider LabTalk support in a future version.

Penn
Go to Top of Page

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2012 :  11:34:01 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What's the problem with the GUI version in 8.5? I assume it works properly under some of the conditions? I don't see anything about this in bug fixes but some of the bug fixes don't say what fitting functions they are talking about. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Penn

China
644 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2012 :  03:31:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can see the release notes for 8.5.1 SR0, here, ORG-1982 in Analysis table, Linear Fit with X Error has been temporarily removed from the Analysis menu due to conflicting interpretations of fitting methods.

And then you can see the release notes for 8.6 SR0, this page, ORG-3140 in Curve Fitting table, Linear Fit with X Error is brought back after fixing the algorithm issue. As I said before, the result generated by using this tool before Origin 8.6 is incorrect. We apologize for that.

If you want to see the result in Origin 8.6, you can download a demo version from this page to have a try.

Penn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000