The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 menu items / custom toolbar buttons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Jeroen Spitael

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2000 :  3:27:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have 2 custom buttons / menu items in Origin 6.0 that need to be available at all times, even when no worksheets, graphs, layouts or any windows are currently visible. Is there any way of doing this other then replacing the code in (Standard,NewMatrix) or something like that with my code and using those buttons to accomplish what I want?

Laurie

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2000 :  1:56:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jeroen,

As you discovered, when adding a menu you must select the active menu bar - either the graph, worksheet, layout page, or matrix window menu bar. Likewise when you create your own toolbar you must specify the window(s) that you want your toolbar to be available for.

One possible way to get around this is to create a system window which has your buttons on it. For example, create a new worksheet. Delete the columns. Open the Worksheet Display Control dialog box by selecting Format:Worksheet. Here you can change the background color from white to gray. In the Script Window, run the following script:

page.syswin=1;

This window will now remain open between Origin projects.

If you have further questions, please email me.

-----------
Laurie Shea
Microcal Technical Support

Go to Top of Page

Jose

Netherlands
93 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  10:26:29 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Has this changed in Origin 7.0? Is there any way to include/remove menu items for all menu bars, including the one that appears when there is no child window?

Jose Via, Origin WebRing member
Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  11:45:06 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Jose,

I don't think there's a way to do that with menu items other than with Jeroen's suggestion of modifying the standard code. But you can make a toolbar button active in an empty project by selecting the Always context option in the button settings. (That option isn't available in Origin 6.0 or 6.1.)

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

Jose

Netherlands
93 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  1:45:49 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know, but more than creating, I was thinking in removing certain commands from menus...

Jose Via, Origin WebRing member
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000