The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Screen reader tool use
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jmandr

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2002 :  2:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I am wondering if there is an easy way to do the following: I have created a rather complicated contour plot, and I want to read some information from the contours of this plot to use it in a different plot. The way I do this right now, is to use the screen reader tool to read the coordinates of the curves I want, and to then manually enter these coordinates into a new worksheet.
What I would like to do is to have this done automatically, i.e., the coordinates of the selected points to appear automatically into the desired worksheet. I have tried to select and copy the numbers from the data display window that appears when I use the screen reader tool, but it apparently cannot be done.

I'd appreciate any ideas on this. I'm using version 6.1, and I just got the upgrade to 7.0 but have not installed it yet.

John

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2002 :  3:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Look at the GetPts command in LabTalk help. This technical review article will also be helpful.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

yuivanov

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2002 :  3:23:24 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi John
Simple script written in Origin scripting language LabTalk can automate this task.
Here is possible implementation
Let's assume that you have worksheet Data1
and Datasets Data1_A and Data1_B where you would like to put x and y coordinates of points.
Copy and paste the following script to script window:

clearworksheet data1;
count=1;
dotool 2;

def pointproc
{
data1_A[count] = x;
data1_B[count] = y;
count++;
}

When the window with your contour plot is active execute this script (select all and hit enter key). All data from worksheet Data1 will be erased and tool will be switched to "screen reader". Now every double-click on your plot will put coordinates of point into worksheet Data1.
I hope this helps.
Thanks
Yuri
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  4:30:02 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Here's a tip for anyone who thinks one click is better than two. Run this command after starting the Screen or Data Reader Tool:

dotool -d;

This will turn your single clicks into double-clicks.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000