The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Masking Data from Analysis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

naz

France
1 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2001 :  12:06:02 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I would like to analyze a specific region of my spectrum that the reason, I want to use the marsk option on graph window. When I open the graph window (it seems to be active), any icons on the mask toolbar aren't actives. So, I can't select the data markers expected to be displayed on both ends of the active data plot.
Thanks in advance!

Lorraine

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2001 :  1:55:27 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
To analyze a specific region of your data you can use the data markers (found on the Tools toobar) to mark off that particular region. You would click/drag the markers to specify the region to be analyzed then run your analysis routine.

If you are looking to disregard extraneous points within a region of data you want to analyze you would use the Mask tool.

Because you most likely have your spectrum plotted as a Line plot, the Mask tool is grayed out (for a Line plot it is not apparent which data points you're looking to mask). The Mask tool becomes active if you change your data display from Line to either Line+Symbol or Scatter. If you still want to keep the Line display, you can edit the point size of the symbols in a Line+Symbol plot to zero after you've masked out the extraneous data points.

Lorraine
OriginLab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000