The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 NLSF error messages
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

kfauth

Germany
33 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2002 :  06:12:30 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I am getting errors 28036 and 28037 very often (not always) with my newly
user defined y-script fitting function along with a mention in the status
line which reads: "FLamda=0.001 at iteration 1".

Whether this happens or not apparently depends on actual parameter values.
Marginal changes can make a difference. The same is true with the Delta setting
(/option/controls in NLSF)

Could someone reveal what the meaning of this is. I would hope to ameliorate
my scripts, which sometimes do, sometimes don't fit. Also, I have found no
piece of information on Flamda.

rtoomey

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2002 :  10:15:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Flamda, l, should be explained in Chapter 15, section 5 (15.5) of the reference, Numerical Recipes in C - The Art of Scientific Computing, 2nd edition. To take a look at that specific section, view the PDF. Or, if you would like to browse all available sections, go to the main page.

To fully understand why the fitter is so sensitive to your data and/or equation, we would need to see them both.

• You can send the data as an Origin Project file (*.OPJ) or as an Origin Worksheet (*.OGW). Or, if you import the data, simply send in the data file prior to import.
  • The fitting function should be sent in as a Fitting Function Definition file, or *.FDF. When you define your function in the Nonlinear Curve Fitter (and click the SAVE button), an FDF is saved to your Origin\FitFunc directory using the following naming convention:

user#.fdf where # is a number.

If you are not sure which user#.fdf contains your fitting function, open each file using a text editor such as Notepad. The name you gave the fitting function will appear near the top of the file.

Once you have both files in the required formats, please send them as e-mail attachments to tech@originlab.com. Please provide a set of instructions for reproducing the errors you mention. Be sure to include initial parameter values in those instructions.

Please also keep in mind that our assistance is being provided as a special case. All other inquiries your have should be directed to our German Distributor, Additive (or to these forums). Here's Additive's information:

Additive GmbH
Rohrwiesenstr. 2
D-61381 Friedrichsdorf/Ts
Phone: 6172 5905 0
Fax: 6172 77613
E-mail: origin@additive-net.de
Web: http://www.additive-net.de/software/origin/

Sincerely,
Ryan Toomey
Technical Support
OriginLab Corporation

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000