The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Round-off problem: Tick mark frequency
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Kazu20

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  07:27:31 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver.8.5.0 SR0
Operating System: Win XP

Hi,

my problem concerns the axis scale tick labels. When the frequency of major tick marks is automatically determined using "#Major Ticks" option, it returns uncomfortable non-integer numbers.

For example:
Axis scale: From 0 to 10
#Major Ticks : 4
-> returned tick marks "0, 3.3, 6.6, 9.9"

I want to see something like "5, 10" or "2, 4, 6, 8" instead. The ver.7.5 is clever to perform the automatic round-off using the "#Major ticks", and I want to continue using it on 8.5.

Thank you.

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  1:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I guess the change was made in Origin 8 because some customer insisted that Origin should give exactly the number of major ticks requested. Looks like to allow both, we need to add a checkbox that allows the #Major to be approximate, rather then exact. We may have to for next version to add this checkbox since we are very close to making a service release to Origin 9.

CP
Go to Top of Page

minimax

348 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  10:06:29 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Kazuhiko,

To use the "clever" round-off, you can try minus "#Major Ticks".

We allow number of major ticks to be < 0 as a workaround to achieve the old behavior.

When <0, like -4, it means rescale would work as before (ver.7.5) to try to get the best range and number of major ticks will try to be close to 4 but may not be exactly 4.

It should work in 8.5.

Max
Go to Top of Page

Kazu20

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  03:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I thank CP and Max for quick replys.
The solution by Max works well, thank you very much!

Kazu
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000