The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Fit Graph size to page size
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

tojaku

Poland
3 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  11:07:20 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 9
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Hello,

Is there a method to automatically fit the graph size (the smallest rectangular box required to completely encompass all objects on the graph page) to the size of my page? The reason for this is that I want to produce graphs on pages of a size defined in a template. Now, it sometimes happens that graphs produced with this template don't fit well to the page, for instance axis titels are outside the page.
Thank you in advance,
kind regards

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  5:16:38 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi tojaku,

Is what you want to achieve concerned about the graph image of the exported graph? If so, my colleague suggested that you can specify the Margin Control in the export dialog box can be set to "Tight-in-Page", and specify the export page size. Is this your case?

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

tojaku

Poland
3 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  08:00:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Hideo,

no, this doesn't solve the problem.

The problem occurs in the following case:
I modify the Physical Review Letter theme (system theme) as follows:
Page -> Dimensions
Units (cm)
Width (8.5)
Height (6)

Global -> Size (10)
To meet the standards of most scientific two-colums journals and easily produce appropriate graphs.

Unfortunately when I plot a set of data the graph doesn't fit into the page, i.e. the axis titles are outside the page :(
I can deal with that and obtain the desired graph but this requires some additional formatting steps. I'm expecting Origin to enable some automatization of this process, like automatical fitting of the graph size to the page (Fit Layer to Graph doesn't solve the problem).
Is there any "Fit Graph to Page" option?

Regards,
tojaku

Edited by - tojaku on 12/04/2012 08:02:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  11:30:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi tojaku,

Now I see your situation. I have talked my colleagues about thei problem. Page fitting of the layer is currently beyond the control by the theme. We will consider to improve this type of changes of page settings for presentation in future release.

Meanwhile, as a work-around, you can choose the following menu after your theme application: "Graph: Fit Page to Layers"; run this with the option, Margin Control="Tight".

Also, you can run the following x-function command from the Command window, or from inside the script:
pfit2l margin:=tight;
you can put this command in the "Custom Routine" tool button (a tiny flow-chart icon) by editing "Custom.OGS" file in your User Files Folder(UFF).

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

tojaku

Poland
3 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2012 :  08:17:16 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for your reply and help. I'm looking forward for this option beeing included in the future release.

Tojaku

Edited by - tojaku on 12/16/2012 08:19:38 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000