The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 counter plot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

katoch vikas

India
29 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  07:49:35 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:
sir,
tell me how i can plot a graph in counter plot.
vikas katoch

snowli

USA
1380 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  11:16:11 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Could you check Help: About Origin to see which version you have.

If you have Matrix data, open a Matrix window in Origin and import your data in it. Then choose Plot: Contour: submenu and pick suitable contour type to plot.

If your data is in X, Y, Z column format, import it into Origin workbook, right click the Z column and choose Set as: Z. Then highlight the Z column and choose Plot: Contour: and pick the suitable plot.

We have videos about how to plot contour plot and customize it.
You can also watch
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin/Graphing/Contour&pid=1551

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

katoch vikas

India
29 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2012 :  1:59:22 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
my package is 8.5.1
my data having two independent variables, one as radial distance varies from 0, 0.1, 0.2, up to 0.6.and other as angular distance varies from 0 degree to 60 degree. the values is related to both, gives non intersecting curves.

i tried as your advice but not came to success.
also your file is in matrix form not useful as per my problem.
vikas
Go to Top of Page

katoch vikas

India
29 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2012 :  2:06:02 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

the shape of the figure is triangle, with one side as base, one side as arc, dependent values given non intersecting curve.
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1380 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2012 :  2:29:16 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Vikas,

Do you mind sending your opj with data to tech@originlab.com?

We support contour plot from data organized as X column, Y column and Z columns as well as I mentioned in my post. You need to right click the column and set each as X, Y and Z correctly, then select Z column and choose Plot: Contour: ....

If your X is Angel, Y is Radius or (X is radius, Y is Angle), we also support it. You also need to set column as X, Y and Z correctly. Then choose Plot: Contour:
Polar Contour Therta (X) R(Y)
or
Polar Contour R(X) Therta (Y)

Thanks, Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.
Go to Top of Page

katoch vikas

India
29 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2012 :  05:01:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hello,
i have send a mail of the data as mail given by you.

vikas
Go to Top of Page

katoch vikas

India
29 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2012 :  11:28:30 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hello
i as forward the plot in opj. file which consist of data of single line but shows a zig zag plot of that line, whereas actual plot shows many non intersecting lines as attached pdf plot file.

so advice me.

vikas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000