The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Batch Processing of Header Variables
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

hannafrizuck

Israel
1 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2012 :  4:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver.9.0 Pro and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Win7

I need to read multiple ASCII files of similar format and extract 4 variables from the header.
I would like to obtain a summary sheet containing 5 columns:
Filename, Var1, Var2, Var3, Var4
At this stage I don't need to analyze the data (linear fit, statistics etc.).
I managed to read in the variables from the header and paste them into a Results sheet, but I couldn't save it as Analysis Template. Therefore, I wasn't able to do Batch Processing.
Could anyone help me with that?
Many Thanks in advance!

HannaF

JessieWoo

China
46 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2012 :  05:25:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi HannaF,

You can try saving the workbook as .ogw file (right click on the workbook header and select Save AS…). And then use this .ogw file to do the batch processing.

You can refer to the steps below, which will use batch processing to generate the summary sheet with filename and variables’ name in it. The summary sheet is like the graph below.

1. Click the Import Wizard button to import Dose Response - Inhibitor.dat (<program folder>\Samples\Curve Fitting folder).

2. In the Variable Extraction section of Import Wizard, check the box before Specify location of variable names and values using delimiters. And click Next.

3. In the Variable Extraction By Delimiter section, set the dialog as shown in the following graph.

4. Click Finish to complete importing progress.

5. Add a 5-column-worksheet in this workbook and name it as Summary.

6. Right click on the first cell in Column 1 and select Insert Variables… to open the Insert Variables dialog. In this dialog, you can find the variables added in step 3 under the Info tab: USER.VARIABLES tree node.

7. Select FILENAME and click the Insert button.

8. Repeat the last two steps to add the rest 4 variables.

9. Right click on the workbook header and select Save AS… to save this workbook as book1.ogw.

10. Click the Batch Processing button to open the dialog.

11. Set the dialog as shown in the following graph. And click OK.

Best Regard,
Jessie
Originlab Corp.

Edited by - JessieWoo on 12/25/2012 05:29:05 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000