The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 FTT multiple columns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mssm22

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2013 :  5:45:38 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

origin 8.6G on windows XP

Hi,

I divided a large data set into smaller ones of 16384 points. Next I want to calculate the power spectrum of each of the data sets. Since I have 20 of such smaller sets, it is time consuming to every time access the drop down menu and choose FTT and so on. I tried to choose all the sets (columns) as input in the FTT dialog box. Yet instead of getting 20 spectra, I end up with one spectrum. Origin just sums the data sets once again into one set! Is there a way around that

Thanks in advance

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2013 :  10:02:23 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You could use a LabTalk script...

Assuming your data is organized as one X column and multiple Y columns, your script could look like:

loop(ii,2,wks.ncols)
{
fft1 ix:=1!$(ii) norma:=1 re:=0 im:=0 ap:=0 ri:=0 mag:=0 db:=0 rt:=<optional>;
}

Consult the X-Function documentation for help with the fft1 options. The above example only outputs Frequency and Power for each Y column.
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2013 :  5:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

If you are really looking to see how the frequency spectrum changes with time slices, you may want to also consider the STFT tool, which is available in OriginPro:
http://originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin/DataAnalysis/SignalProcessing/STFT

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

mssm22

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2013 :  7:32:42 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thanks, that worked well.
Go to Top of Page

mssm22

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2013 :  7:39:19 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@ easwar

Thanks for the tip. I will try that as well.

Regards
M
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000