The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 extract data from contour plot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

horst100

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  04:46:10 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hey,
my name is Roland and I am a student. By the time i write my Masterthesis in Photovoltaiks.

I have a problem and I hope anyone could help. Yesterday I wasted nearly the hole day to find a solution but i couldn't, thats why I registrated in this forum.

My problem:

in the picture you can see the mapping of the crystallinity of my sample. I have 13 measuring points and I used the funktion "contour plot", as you can see.

But now i want to get the z-values vor x- and y- coordinates, wich i haven't measured, but origin has interpolated.

It would be great to get a kind of matrix with the values of the mapping in defined stepsizes.

I hope someone could help me, this would be great.

Edited by - horst100 on 04/05/2013 05:50:02 AM

matthew@originlab.com

73 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  11:29:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Roland,

There are a few methods you can use to interpolate your data.

You can right click on your contour plot, and select Extract Contour Lines. This will give you the x and y coordinates for each of the z-values at which there is a contour line.

You can also go to Analysis > Mathematics > XYZ Trace Interpolation while your graph is the active window. This will allow you to pick an interpolation method, and select the number of points you want to output. The results will output to a worksheet.

Let me know if you are actually looking for something different than either of these options.

Matthew
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

horst100

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2013 :  05:52:31 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much for your help. My Problem is solved.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000