The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Column/bar position in a column graph
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jordai

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2013 :  7:46:13 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): v8.6.0
Operating System: Windows

Hi there,

I'm struggling to understand the position of the columns in a column graph. The graph is: distance in X, concentration in Y. There should be 7 columns: 1st from 0 to 180, 2nd from 180 to 215, etc
How I have to introduce the data so I have a whole column covering the length of 0 to 180, the second column the length of 180 to 215, etc? As It is now, it looks like it puts the center of the column centered somewhere but I cannot figure out where and no idea how to make it work.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers,
J.

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2013 :  3:59:46 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't understand what your data looks like, but I can tell you that column plots generally have text as their X data. In this case, the positions of each column are simply a row number, e.g. 1, 2, 3, etc.

If you have real numbers in your X column, Origin will happily plot each column centered on those X values and may or may not overlap the columns depending on the X spacing.

If you have real numbers in your X column, you might also try plotting as a Line plot and using "Step H Center" or "Step Horz" for Line Connect method and set Fill to Normal.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000