The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 fail to compile the file import programme
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jimstar

7 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2013 :  02:39:31 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: 8.0724

hi,
I am trying to write an Origin C program to fit my data. I started with importing data into worksheet. I copied the example from Origin C wiki, which was as follows:

#include <..\Originlab\FileImport.h>
void load_import_filter_ex()
{
Page pg = Project.Pages(); // Active Page

// Get page book name
string strPageName = pg.GetName();

// Get Origin sample folder
string strPath = GetAppPath(TRUE) + "Samples\\Import and Export\\";

// List all file names need to imported
StringArray saFileNames;
saFileNames.Add(strPath + "pCLAMP\\93310C08.DAT");
saFileNames.Add(strPath + "pCLAMP\\93310C10.DAT");
saFileNames.Add(strPath + "pCLAMP\\93311C01.DAT");

// specify .oif filter name, location see the setting of nLocation below.
string strFilterName = "pCLAMP";

// import filter tree
// about filter settings, refer to imppClamp xfunction tree variable "options"
Tree trFilter;

int nLocation = 1; // Origin exe folder, more options see the document of load_import_filter function.

int nRet;
nRet = load_import_filter(strFilterName, saFileNames[0], strPageName, nLocation, trFilter);

if ( 0 == nRet )
out_str("Success to load import filter!");
else
out_str("Failed to load import filter!\nPlease check strFilterName and nLocation if assigned correctly");
}

And of cause I changed the file path and name. Before compiling, I ran "run.LoadOC(Originlab\FileImport.c, 16)" in the command window. But an error occurred "Error, function or variable load_import_filter not found".

Would you please help me to found out why?
Thank you very much!

jimstar

7 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2013 :  04:51:08 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
An error message occurred when running the script run.LoadOC("OriginLab\FileImport.c",16)"

"D:\Program Files\OriginLab\Origin8\OriginC\ORIGINLAB\IW_FILTER.C(1784) :Error, Function fuGetImportMode@IAAAAAAAOGAAAAAA was called, but its body could not be located during linking."

Any idea?

Edited by - jimstar on 04/09/2013 04:52:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Laurie

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2013 :  1:49:40 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I was successful here. The only difference is that I was running Origin 8.0 SR6. Maybe you can try selecting Help:Check for Updates to get the latest update.

You actually do not need the run.loadOC( ) as that is what the #include <..\Originlab\FileImport.h> statement is for.

OriginLab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

jimstar

7 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2013 :  10:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just try the Origin 9 SR2 evaluation version. The problem remained the same.
Is there any problem with the install directory and user directory? I installed the origin on D drive and the user directory on C drive.
Go to Top of Page

Laurie

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  10:19:16 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok, this is a bit trickier, and I think I got lucky when I first tested this, meaning that the necessary header files were already loaded by some other operation I had done in Origin.

Please try the following: You need to exclude your C file from the CodeBuilder workspace when you run the "run.LoadOC(Originlab\FileImport.c, 16)" script. Then this file will compile and link successfully. You can then add back your C file and Build it.

Go to Top of Page

jimstar

7 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  08:27:26 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have tried as you guided, but the problem remained the same. What the hell is going on?
Go to Top of Page

jimstar

7 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  9:41:17 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

Go to Top of Page

jimstar

7 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  10:47:08 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Laurie

Ok, this is a bit trickier, and I think I got lucky when I first tested this, meaning that the necessary header files were already loaded by some other operation I had done in Origin.

Please try the following: You need to exclude your C file from the CodeBuilder workspace when you run the "run.LoadOC(Originlab\FileImport.c, 16)" script. Then this file will compile and link successfully. You can then add back your C file and Build it.

I did as you say but no good. Can you help me to find out why? Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

rlewis

Canada
253 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2013 :  6:53:26 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
By trial and error I found that posted code will compile (and execute) only if the the following Originlab files are included in the system WorKspace

FileImport.c
dragNdrop.c
fu_utils.c
IWBase.c
AscImpOptions.c
import_utils.c

Why not give it a try ...

Edited by - rlewis on 04/26/2013 12:35:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

jimstar

7 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2013 :  04:56:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I tried but no good.

quote:
Originally posted by rlewis

By trial and error I found that posted code will compile (and execute) only if the the following Originlab files are included in the system WorKspace

FileImport.c
dragNdrop.c
fu_utils.c
IWBase.c
AscImpOptions.c
import_utils.c

Why not give it a try ...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000