The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 exporting anti-aliased graphs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2013 :  4:39:18 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I made some graphs in Origin and I need to export them. However, when I do, the traces look terrible because they are not anti-aliased (although the text and other parts are fine). Here's a fragment of a graph (300 dpi, no resizing):

The "steps" are 1 pixel in size. However, even if I export as EPS, it still exports a line made up of a series of horizontal & vertical segments. Here's the same fragment of a graph after I opened it in a vector program and zoomed in:

The dark blue line is the data and the smoothed corners are added by the vector program.

Is there anything I can do so that this doesn't look ridiculously pixelated, aside from exporting at 10+ times the size I want and resizing? Even if I do that, it doesn't look great, AND it's very slow and tedious to do that for every graph.

I'm using OriginPro 8.5 SR1 on Windows 7.

matthew@originlab.com

73 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  11:12:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We are looking to add the ability to switch anti-aliasing on/off, but in 8.5 this doesn't seem to be possible.

Matthew
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000