The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 2D histogram
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

huixiaodemao0712

China
13 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2013 :  10:57:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver.and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
OriginPro 8.5.0 SR1
Operating System:Windows XP
I have thousands of 2 dimensional curves set in x,y. Now I want to overprint all of them in a new bar graph like the picture below(Figure 1).Briefly, it is called 2D histogram by the author (Kay, N. J. et al,JPCC,2011,115,43,21402-21408) .The descriptions about the figure are as follows:

1.The color scaling represents the density of points having a high conductance, ranging from low (darker blue) to high (red).
2.To construct this 2-D plot, we employed a bin size of 0.012 nS for the conductance data(Y) and a bin size of 0.015 nm for the distance data(X).

I am trying to plot this kind of 2D histogram.Firstly,I active my worksheet and get a matrix(X and Y columns)---Descriptive Statistics---2D Frequency Count/Binning---set x,y bin---check 'Output matrix').Secondly,plot the matrix(('Plot: Wire/Bar/Symbol: Bars') and only get figure 2 .

I have been trying for some time now but do not have a solution to plot the histogram like Figure 1.

Questions:
1.How can I make this 3D bar in 2D pespective like Figure 1?
2.Can the colorful scale bar be continuous ?
Many thanks£¡

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2013 :  12:24:53 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Linda,

2D Binning should give you graphs like Figure 1 and Figure 2. Follow these two tutorials and try to see if it gives you the desired graphs.
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin/Statistics/DescriptiveStatistics&pid=1177

http://qhwiki.originlab.com/~originla/howto/index.php?title=Tutorial:2D_Binning

You may set bin size accordingly, and select color theme from 'Plot Details-Colormap-Fill-Load Palette'.

Meili
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000