The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Digamma function
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

USA
Posted - 02/18/2006 :  10:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:Windows XP

Does Origin "recognize" the Digamma function (a special function)? If not, how to define it in Origin?

Thanks!

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  12:19:51 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Looking at this page:
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/DigammaFunction.html
the Digamma function is same as Polygamma?

In Origin 7/7.5, the NAG numeric library has a special math function called nag_real_polygamma and also a nag_complex_polygamma. You can look those up and they can be accessed from Origin C, as well as from script in Origin 7.5 (the real_polygamma, go to script window and type list_nag_sf).

You can look up function details in the Programming help file under the topic:
Origin C Langauge Reference->Global Functions->NAG Functions

Easwar
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

Shikha

1 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2013 :  1:30:11 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am trying to fit an expression in Origin Lab 8.0, however I got stuck.
I am defining an equation as " s=a*((real_polygamma((0.5+(Bi/B)),1))-(real_polygamma((0.5+(Bt/B)),1))-(ln(t/ti)))"
While compiling this equation i got the error that "function not found"
Could you please help me out?

Thanks!
Shikha
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000