The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 expGraph: PDF-files too large
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

greglemond

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2013 :  03:49:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 9.0.0 (32Bit) SR2
Operating System: Win7, 32Bit

Hi for the first time,

I want to export some graphs using the function "expGraph". Attached you find the chosen options.
The problem is that the generated PDF-files are in the range of 1-3 MB depending on the settings. However, I expect file sizes of about 20 kB.

What wo do? Thanks in advance.

Edited by - greglemond on 06/07/2013 03:54:07 AM

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2013 :  4:32:13 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am not sure of your reasoning. Why do you have an expectation that the file size will only be 20kB?
Go to Top of Page

greglemond

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2013 :  4:40:31 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm working with Origin 8.6 at work. There, PDFs are usually in the range of 20 kB.
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2013 :  11:48:36 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I tried 8.6 vs 9.0 SR2 (32bit) using your settings and saw no difference. (Of course I could not get the page size exactly like yours without lots of fiddling with the graph size on the page, but that should make no difference.)

Of course I used a very simple Scatter graph and the output files were only 11K. Simply changing the plot type to Column increases the file size to 15K. The more complex your graph, the bigger the file gets.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000