The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Increasing precision in fit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

dingo_d

Croatia
8 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  04:46:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. 8.5 and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Win 8

Hello, I am wondering, is it possible to increase the precision of linear fitting in Origin?

I have about 12 points, and I preformed linear fit, and the result for my slope, from FitLinear1 sheet is 0.00282 for value, and 2.12032E-5 for error. I need to round it, so my error is 2E-5, but since I don't have anything beyond 0.00282 in my value column, I don't really know what's the number behind it. Is there a way to find out the value to more decimal places? Say 6 or 7?

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  12:10:02 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

If you want to show more decimal places just for the parameters, you can double click on the fitting table, select all and right click to choose "Properties". Change digits number from "Option".

And you can also set to show more digits for all numeric data. Go "Options"-"Numeric Format"-"Digits" to change. It will set to all data including parameters.

Regards,

quote:
Originally posted by dingo_d

Origin Ver. 8.5 and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Win 8

Hello, I am wondering, is it possible to increase the precision of linear fitting in Origin?

I have about 12 points, and I preformed linear fit, and the result for my slope, from FitLinear1 sheet is 0.00282 for value, and 2.12032E-5 for error. I need to round it, so my error is 2E-5, but since I don't have anything beyond 0.00282 in my value column, I don't really know what's the number behind it. Is there a way to find out the value to more decimal places? Say 6 or 7?

Meili
OriginLab Tech Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000