The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Perfect fitting of a curve ternary diagram
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

micaccael

Switzerland
2 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  09:52:30 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.0.0 (64)
Operating System:windows 7

Hi everyone,
I want to make a perfect curve out of some points on a ternary diagram.
Initially i thought that "Analysis>mathematics>average multiple points" was the right path to do that, the problem is that the results is quite different from what i've expected (see link of the picture).
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/208/t2r5.jpg/

In the picture the curve skip a point...
Do you have any suggestion?
Thank you.

Daldini Michael

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 06/17/2013 :  06:58:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Micaccael,

I can't understand you well. Do you want to interpolate or fit a ternary curve? Please tell us more details.

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2013 :  12:24:42 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Michael,

Looks to me that you want to just create a smoothed-interpolated curve from the data points in your ternary plot, using say spline interpolation?

If this is what you want, then:
1> Go to the worksheet that has the XYZ data for your ternary plot
2> Select the Z column and invoke the menu item: Analysis->Mathematics->XYZ Trace Interpolation
3> In that dialog, specify number of points and the interpolation method
4> The result will be a new set of XYZ columns
5> Click and select the new Z column and drag and drop that column onto your ternary graph - you may need to change plot style to line, for this 2nd data plot

Easwar
OriginLab

P.S. A colleague pointed out that if are just looking for a smooth curve in the graph for display purposes, and don't need the interpolated numbers, you can do the following instead:
1> Change the original data plot to line+symbol
2> In Plot Details dialog, go to the Line tab and set the line connection style to spline for example.

Go to Top of Page

micaccael

Switzerland
2 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2013 :  10:30:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Easwar, Shirley_GZ,
First at all thank you very much for your attention.
I would like to fit a curve, between the points.
@Shirley_GZ: I tried your method but how you can see in the picture, the black curve is what results. I would like to have a curve like the red one (this is really approximative, it's made using paint).
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/507/nbix.png/

How can you see in the second picture, for this data the method mathematic>average multiple points worked well (black dots are the analyzed datas and the curve is the one created with the average points).
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/absr.png/

I think that if i will not find a solution i will draw it with paint ;)

Thank you again for responding me, I appreciate your help.
Best regards,
Daldini Michael
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000