The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Bug in displaying of units?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

johannes.kastl

Germany
71 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2013 :  08:45:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi everyone,

on all of the machines I tested with I got the following behaviour, so I consider this a bug in Origin:

Create a graph (line, point,...) with x- and y-axis, where both of the columns used as x and y have a longname and a unit in the column header. Let origin create a legend.

In the default, the legend is diplayed with longname and unit. The axis titles are set to %(?X) and %(?Y) and displayed as the longname of the column.

Go to the Plot Details to the tab called 'Legends/Titles'.
'Translation Mode of %(1) %(2)' is normally set to Longname&Unit.

As soon as I switch the translation mode to 'longname', the unit is no longer displayed in the legend, but suddenly appears in the y-axis' title.

Even if the checkbox for 'Show Units (when available) for Auto Axis Titles, %(?X) %(?Y)' is unchecked!

If I check that checkbox, the unit also appears on the x-axis.

Workaround
Set the translation mode to 'user defined', and just enter @LL into the field. Then everything works as it should.

Bug
I would have thought that the unit is only displayed on the y-axis, if the checkbox is checked. No matter what the setting for the legend is.

Thanks,
Johannes

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.6.0GSR3 and 9.0G
Operating System: XP

Edited by - johannes.kastl on 06/20/2013 08:46:54 AM

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2013 :  10:24:31 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Johannes,

Thanks for finding this bug and also how to workaround. It ill be helpful for others to know as well.

Yes, it's a bug since X axis title works fine. The issue seems only realted to Translation Mode is Long Name.

I jiraed this to be fixed in 9.1.
https://originlab.jira.com/browse/ORG-8893

Thanks, Snow Li
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000