The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Data Import Batch Processing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

hun.kim

Korea
2 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  03:58:58 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release: Origin 9.0.0 (32 bit) SR2b87
Operating System: Windows 7

I am trying to use the batch processing tool and import some csv files. From each file I need several specific values. For example if column A is close or equals 5, I need the value of column B of the same row. Afterwards I would like to tabulate file names, values of column B, etc.

Thank you very much in advance.
Best,
Hun

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  1:51:51 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

You can first import one csv file.
Then select Worksheet: Worksheet Query ... menu.
Select col(A) on the left panel and click => button to move it to right panel.//this will give col(A) an alias and allow you to set condition by col(A).
On left panel of the dialog, only check col(B) so only col(B) will be extracted.

Then use the Alias name of col(A) to set condition. E.g. if you want want to extract col(B), who's A values are equal to 5, set condition to be A==5.

Choose Recalculate Mode to Auto.
Check Extract to New Worksheet.
And click OK.
--> U can check if col(B) in new worksheet is what you expected.

Now you can save this workbook as analysis template and do batch processing.

Note: In Batch processing dialog, u can choose *.csv in the Browser opened by ... button next to File List.

Also make sure Dataset Identifier is set to File Name.

Thanks, Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.

Edited by - snowli on 07/10/2013 1:53:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

hun.kim

Korea
2 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  06:09:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you so much!
This really was of great help.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000