The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Down-sampling a set of data
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

XZ_laser

Switzerland
6 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  03:13:19 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.0, and 9.0
Operating System: Win7

I have sets of data acquired from an oscilloscope, and I want to fit them. The problem is that there are too many data points that fitting is very slow. What is a simple way in Origin to export into a new worksheet the data from every other row or every 5 row?

I've been using Origin 8.0, but the company just bought Origin 9.0, so I might get access too. Instructions in both versions would be greatly appreciated.

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  11:34:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

There are several ways in Origin 9 to reduce data. For example Data Filter, Analysis:Data Manipulation, Worksheet:Reduce Rows and Worksheet Query. Our website has a page summarizing methods for Data Manipulation:http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin/DataAnalysis/DataManipulation . You can click on each of them I mentioned, and refer to tutorials, documentations or even video tutorials for instructions.

In Origin 8, you might try Worksheet Query since the others are not available.

In Condition, what you should enter to extract every 5 row stating from the 1st row is:

mod(i - 1, 5)==0

Also refer to this: http://www.originlab.com/www/support/resultstech.aspx?ID=135&language=English&Version=All

All the best,

Meili
OriginLab Tech Support
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  1:59:52 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We also have Analysis: Signal Processing: Decimation... menu which will open a dialog for you to downsample data in OriginPro. That's not in Origin 8 though.

Thanks, Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000