The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Placing plot symbols with axis labels
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mwarner

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  10:09:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I'm using the evaluation copy at the moment and really need to get my plot symbols from the legend onto the axes labels. I found this topic covered previously, wherein it was reccommended that one place the following syntax into the legend text window:
\L(LayerNumber.DataPlotNumber,DataPointNumber)

I need a bit more instruction here, as I tried this and it returned nothing. Do I need specific layer #s what about the data point #? Is there an easier way to do this than having to go through arcane text entry like this? Thank you for any advice.

yuivanov

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  10:37:13 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Mark
You also need to check the checkbox "Link to variables" in label control dialog box. To bring up this dialog right click on axis label and select "Label control" from context menu (or double-click on axis label with ALT down). Also make sure that you are not using in-place editing to enter \L(1.1,1). You need to use conventional Text Control dialog. (Context menu "Properties" or double click with CTRL down).
I hope this helps.
Thanks
Yuri
Go to Top of Page

mwarner

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  1:51:19 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Much appreciated!

mark
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2002 :  09:30:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Actually, "Link to Variables" is not needed to just show legend symbol, but if you also want to automatically extract other info from data, then you need to turn this on for the general substitution notations in Origin.

To just show legend symbol, simply add \L(1) for the 1st plot in that axes layer. If there are more than one plot in that layer, then \L(2) \L(3) etc will give you additional legend symbols.

CP

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000