The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin "Fill Area Under Curve" display problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

azeral

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2013 :  3:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.0951
Operating System: Win 7

I have a simple XY array of data, with zeros included where peaks are absent (there is a continuous array of numbers, one Y for every corresponding X).

I will chose to fill area under curve using "inclusive by broken or missing data." I need the space below the Y=0 line, so I do not fill using "normal."

The first image shows the result, which looks as it should.

However, when I adjust the domain, this error happens in the filling.
The error gets worse the more I compress the domain.
I'm nearly certain this is not due to my data, since it's either zeros or non zero numbers.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? It is very troublesome for my figures.

Thank you.

Edited by - azeral on 08/19/2013 4:10:23 PM

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2013 :  4:40:03 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Your description seems wrong because your second figure looks correct for "Inclusive broken by missing values" which will draw a line from your last data point back to your first data point and fill from this line up or down to your data. (Exactly what we see.)

I think what you want is the "Normal" option. If you do NOT have X-Axis,
Grid Lines : Vertical : Additional Lines : Y=0 checked, then fill goes down to your bottom X axis. If that box IS checked, then fill goes down to the Y=0 line.
Go to Top of Page

azeral

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2013 :  5:35:12 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Greg,

It looks like this fixes the issue. Setting the addl. line as you suggested prevents the filling of the data below the Y=0 line. I was unaware that the beginning and the ending data points were used to fill as they were in the option I had chosen.

Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000