The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Determination of the median of a column
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

PhO68

8 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2013 :  10:10:08 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release: Origin 7.0 SR0
Operating System: Windows Seven

Hi

I have came through a very strange issue. I want to perform a statistic analysis on the Y column of a worksheet and in particular I want to determine the median value. To do so I use the following script:
stat.reset();
stat.ds.data$=Data1_b;
stat.ds();
stat.ds.median=;

But in my case the median value (stat.ds.median) always returns 0! If, for instance, I do stat.ds.max to get the maximum it is working. Similarly when I do the "statistic on column" I found a value for the median that is different from 0!

So I am really stuck because I cannot find any error in my code (that I found on this forum) and any help will be more than welcome.

Philippe

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2013 :  3:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Have you tried this?
http://www.originlab.com/www/support/resultstech.aspx?ID=1080&language=English&Version=7.5
Go to Top of Page

PhO68

8 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2013 :  04:04:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
I already installed this patch for the library some time ago. So unfortunately it is not the reason of what I am observing.
Philippe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000