The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 sums in "set column values"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

_emma_

2 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2013 :  06:02:30 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 8
Operating System: Win 8

Hello,
I hope you can help me with the following problem: I have a dataset with two columns I(a) and a. Now I want to transform these data according to:

n=0,1,2,3.. k=0,1,2,3...

I know, that there is the function "sum" when I open "set column values". But how do I tell Origin to sum up every I(a)-value for the first S(v)-value? How do I seperate the two x-variables?

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2013 :  2:55:11 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi emma,

As your formula has essentially double-loop, you probably need to save the intermediate result in an
temporary column, and run a script similar to the following sample:
Da=1;
NN=5;
for(k=1; k<=NN; k++) {
  for(n=1; n<=NN; n++)
    col(Intermed)[n]=col(I)[n*Da]*exp(col(kDv)[k]*n*Da);
  sum(col(Intermed));
  col(S)[k]=sum.total;
}

Here, Sum function takes this intermediate column as the argument, and it produces the basic statistics,
including the total (in the sum.total object).

You can put the script in the "Before Formula Script" box in the Set Column Values tool to take advantage
of recalculation as in the following screenshot:

Hope this helps.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

_emma_

2 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2013 :  10:40:35 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much. That helped a lot. The only problem is, that my pc isn't able to cope with my 30000 data points...
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2013 :  11:11:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi emma,

> my pc isn't able to cope with my 30000 data points...

Origin should be able to easily contain in a worksheet, and handle 30000 rows unless your computer's
resource is extremely limited. Maybe the best way is to send your data and talk to the technical
support of OriginLab, referring to this forum post.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 10/31/2013 11:11:56 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000