The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Selective data plot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

andankert

Sweden
9 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  12:08:32 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.0.0 64-bit SR1
Operating System: Win8

Hi,

I'm new here and quite desperate: I have a file with gate dependent drain-source IV data, that means I have 3 columns: Vgate, Ids, Vds. Now I want to plot:
1. Ids vs. Vds at different Vgate (3 or 5 different ones)
2. Ids vs. Vgate at different Vds (again about 3 or 5)
I have about 200 data points at each of the 40 gate voltages! Can I somehow have a selective plot, where I get just a data set which fulfills a certain criteria (i.e. plot all Ids-Vds where Vgate=10V)?

I appreciate any help!

Thanks,
André

PS: I tried it with "skip points", but I cannot see if the points are actually correct (data reader fails...), and I need to be sure, it's okay!

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2013 :  09:34:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If you select your Vgate column and choose Column : Filter : Add or Remove Filter (or click the Add/Remove Data Filter button) then click the Filter icon in the column and choose Equals, you can enter 10 to just see the rows where Vgate = 10. This will hide other rows and any plots you make will just show data where Vgate = 10.

Your plot is only temporary because when you change the condition the plot will update to reflect the new condition, so you should copy and paste the filtered data to new columns and plot those if you need to keep the filtered data graph. (In 9.1 we added a feature whereby you could copy the data with the filter.)

You could also look at Worksheet Query as a means of extracting conditional subsets of data.
Go to Top of Page

andankert

Sweden
9 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2013 :  6:56:30 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Great, that helps a lot!

9.1 just came available for me, so I'll check this out as soon as I have it installed!

Greetings,
André
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000