The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Importing files
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

rmtruji

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  5:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Importing files sometimes leaves extraneous copies of those files in the ORIGIN directory; like it's doing an autosave or something. Why?

rtoomey

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  10:55:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
A couple of questions for you...

• What version of Origin are you using? You can find out by selecting Help : About Origin. There should be a version number after "v.". If not, open your Script window (Window : Script Window) and type in and execute the following:

@v=;

Note: To execute it, highlight the line and press the ENTER key on your keyboard
  • Also, what kinds of files are you importing and how are you importing them into Origin? We support several different file types and have just as many import routines, so I would need to know which one(s) you are using.

Just to note, Origin does have a backup feature, but this is available for project files (OPJs) only. This feature can be enabled/disabled by checking/unchecking the Backup project before saving check box on the Open/Close tab of the Options dialog box (Tools : Options).

- rtoomey

Go to Top of Page

rmtruji

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  4:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

Importing files sometimes leaves extraneous copies of those files in the ORIGIN directory; like it's doing an autosave or something. Why?

The version of Origin I am using is v7.0220. The types of files I am importing are large ASCII with a *.htac extension. I am importing using a couple of different home-grown import routines.

Go to Top of Page

rmtruji

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  4:29:43 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

The version of Origin I am using is v7.0220. The types of files I am importing are large ASCII with a *.htac extension. I am importing using a couple of different home-grown import routines.

Go to Top of Page

rmtruji

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  4:30:18 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

Go to Top of Page

rmtruji

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  4:30:44 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

Go to Top of Page

rmtruji

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  4:31:01 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Go to Top of Page

rmtruji

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  4:32:08 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Go to Top of Page

rmtruji

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  4:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000