The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Graphs: Copying layer contents
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

krlasski

Germany
11 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2014 :  08:49:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.0G SR2
Operating System: Win7 x64

Hello,

I am looking for a feature in Origin which I had expected to be more or less straightforward, and which I wasn't able to find. I want to prepare a multi-layer plot (different panels), which I want to "put together" from a few smaller, already existing plots. So what I would like to do is kind-of mark the contents of a layer in an existing graph (or in the layer or graph setup) and past it into another graph.

Is this somehow possible, or do I have to redesign the whole diagram in its target layer?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards
Kristian Lass

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2014 :  3:40:55 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

You can choose Graph: Merge Graph Windows... menu to open a dialog to merge them into one multi-layer graph.
You can watch this video
http://originlab.com/Index.aspx?go=Support/VideoTutorials&pid=1555

BTW, we improved merge graph windows feature in 9.1 to support treat each source graph as one unit. This is helpful when source graph has multiple layers already.
U can read more on this page:
https://originlab.jira.com/wiki/x/6gBLAQ

Also, we do support copy a layer from one graph and paste to another graph.
Here is how to do it.
On a source graph, click within the layer(don't click on any datapoint) to select the whole layer.
--> A frame with 8 handles will show.
Ctrl+C or right click and choose Copy

Go to Destination Graph.
Ctrl+V to paste.
Or right click in graph and choose Paste.
U can see the layer is pasted in the graph.

Then in destination graph, you can use Object Editor toolbar to manually align, resize multiple layers.
Or using Graph: Layer Management to manipulate layers.

Note: If data is dense in a layer and it's hard to select a layer, u can press Alt key and click within the layer to select it.

Thanks, Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.

Edited by - snowli on 05/20/2014 3:42:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

krlasski

Germany
11 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2014 :  5:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear Li,

thanks a lot. That was exactly what I was looking for!

Best regards
Kristian Lass
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000