The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 copy region of matrix
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

macaorigin

3 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2014 :  03:54:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I have a very basic question but I haven't been able to find the answer on the internet and forum...

I have an ASCI image, and I am trying to take some parts of it, keeping the dimensions, but I get an empty matrix.
What I do:
Import the .dat.
Convert it to matrix (direct).
View as image.
Set the dimensions.
Select the region I want with the little green rectangle tool.
Then click create new.
A new (empty :( ) matrix is created.

I am working with Origin 8 SR1. It used to work that way when using Origin7.5, but Origin8 works in a different way with matrices and I haven't figured out yet how to create new matrices from a given one.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Maria

(PS: What I want to do is create a 3D graph of a region of the data matrix, where the z axis represents the value of the matrix in each coordinate)
Origin Ver. and Service Release: OriginPro8 SR1 v8.07773(B773)
Operating System: WindowsXP

Edited by - macaorigin on 06/09/2014 04:04:54 AM

SeanMao

China
288 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2014 :  04:54:03 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Maria,

I tried to reproduce your problem by using a sample file in System Path+"\Samples\Matrix Conversion and Gridding\Direct.dat" in Windows XP with Origin 8.0SR6, I successfully obtained the matrix from the selected region rather than an empty matrix as you have described.

I am not sure what might happen to your case, but I think you'd better upgrade to 8.0 SR6 step by step by following the link below since in 8.0SR6 many unknown problems are fixed:

http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=SUPPORT/ServiceReleases

If the problem persists, please feel free to contact us again!

Thanks!

Regards!

Sean

OriginLab Tech. Service

Go to Top of Page

macaorigin

3 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2014 :  05:21:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for your answer. I will try to upgrade to see if that solves my problem.

I have made more attempts and I have seen that the problem I have with the matrices doesn't happen with a matrix without dimensions. But when I set the dimensions, I can't cut the matrices.

I am going to upgrade and check it again. Thank you, Sean!
Go to Top of Page

macaorigin

3 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2014 :  06:01:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have upgraded to SR6 and it seems to work fine. Thanks a lot for your help!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000