The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Adjusting Diagram Offset
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jschfr

2 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2014 :  09:34:36 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello everybody,

I'm pretty new to Origin and have no experience in using LabTalk. My problem is:
I have done some measurements with different sensors and now want to plot these measurements with all sensors in

one diagram per measurment event with time as x-axis. The measurement is 10000 seconds long. I have important

measurement events from 1500-3000, 4000-4500, 6000-6100, 9000-9600 seconds. I now tried to plot only these time

frames in seperate digrams. I did this by creating 4 diagrams of the whole measurement and then adjusting values

for "from" and "to" (hopefully this is the right translation, I'm working with the german version) of the x-axis in

the diagrams layer properties. This works pretty well, but the annotation of the x-axis may now be a bit confusion.

I want it to show the time allways from 0s to ###s, not from e.g. 1500s to 3000s.
Is there any possibility to do this directly in the diagram? Or do I have to adjust the offset in the worksheet? Or

is there any other way to do this much easier?

Thanks in advance for Your help
Jan
----
Windows 7 64bit
OriginPro 9.0.0G (64-bit) SR2 b87

Drbobshepherd

USA
Posted - 05/28/2014 :  10:12:23 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
jschfr,

Have you tried selecting one of the Plot/Multi-Curve tools from the main Toolbar? There are several choices for displaying multiple curves on a single chart or multiple charts on a single layout. Try a few and see which one meets your needs.

The default axis limits for any plot will try to display your graph with maximum resolution. In other words, the limits will be set by your minimum and maximum values. Just double-click on the axis you wish to change and a dialog box will open in which you can set your axis limits manually.

DrBob
Go to Top of Page

jasonzhao

China
262 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2014 :  08:25:56 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Would you like to show the scale value which is different from you X values?
You can add an extra axis by selecting Graph: New Layer (axes):Bottom_x Right_Y (Linked Dimension).
Then new XY axis is added. Please delete the new added Y axis and adjust the new added X axis scale again (From 0 to 3000) and move it to the position you wanted. You can delete the old one after the new X axis added.
You can refer to the graph below.

Best regards,
Jason Zhao
OriginLab Tech Service
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2014 :  6:10:43 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hello,

In 9.1, we support multiple axis breaks so it will be very easy to plot all data in one diagram, and only show those regions you are interested in.

I don't fully understand how you want to change the tick labels.
Do you want
1500 - 3000 -> 0 to 1500
4000 - 4500 -> 0 to 500
and somehow show them in one diagram?

Also in 9.0, you could try the following to change the tick label.
E.g. for the graph with x range of 1500 to 3000. In Layer Management dialog. On Axes tab, go to Bottom node. Set the Formula to be x-1500. Then the tick label will show as 0 to 1500.

After customizing all graphs, you can choose Graph: Merge Graph Windows to merge them together into one graph.

Thanks, Snow
OriginLab Corp.

Go to Top of Page

jschfr

2 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2014 :  07:54:56 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks everyone for Your help!
@snowli: thats exactly what I was looking for!

and thanks for this great piece of software!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000