The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Where is the y=a/x function?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

darezzi

Yugoslavia
3 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2014 :  2:54:44 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I'm new to Origin, and I've tried finding the function for this, but it's nowhere to be found. Alternatively, I've tried making a custom function, but nothing shows up, so I'm guessing it doesn't work.

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2014 :  3:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can use Allometric1 (y=a*(x^b)) function, with b fixed to -1.

Zheng
Originlab
Go to Top of Page

darezzi

Yugoslavia
3 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2014 :  3:13:53 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks! I still haven't worked out how to change a graph's parameters (like slope and intercept) after I've made it though. When I change it in the table, and click update table, nothing happens.
Go to Top of Page

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2014 :  3:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Change a graph's parameters?
What are you trying to do want by that?
I thought you are making a fit.
Go to Top of Page

darezzi

Yugoslavia
3 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2014 :  6:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, I managed to fit it, I was just asking if I make a mistake fitting, where do I change the graph? It seems to stay static after it's made.
Go to Top of Page

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2014 :  09:36:49 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can read the tutorial below to learn how to do curve fitting:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/Fitting-NLFit-Basic

Zheng
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2014 :  11:16:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi darezzi,

> I managed to fit it, I was just asking if I make a mistake fitting, where do I change the graph?

Seems you have already done fitting, and obtained the fitted curve; though you now want to
change the fitting parameters of the curve. First what you need to know is that the fitted curve
in the graph is the fitting result, STILL ASSOCIATED with the fitting, NOT a simply separate graph.
In other words, the fitted curve IS a fit result.

Many Origin users enjoy using its "recalculation" feature of the analysis tools, including fitting.
This allows you to change the initial parameter values, constraints, or even the function itself,
then you can recalculate to update the fitted curve. The following is a typical procedure of recalculation
of non-linear curve fitting after fitting originally:

1) Left-click the lock icon at the upper right corner of the graph window which contains the fitted curve.
Choose "Change Parameters" flyout. It reopen the NLFit tool.

2) If you want to change the parameter values, select the "Parameters" tab in the tool, double-click the value to enter
the new value you like.

3) If you don't want to let Origin fit further with the given parameter set, but just want to update the curve accordingly,
you can press Chi-Square button, and "Done" button to close the tool.
If you like to start fitting again from the given parameter set as new initials, you can press either "Fit until converged"
button, or the "Fit" button to fit and close the tool.

This process is also convenient and useful way to find a goof initial parameter values,
especially for the user-defined functions which typically don't come with the parameter initialization routines.

Hope this helps you.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000