The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Script Execution in 9.1
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Mulvenna

Germany
46 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2014 :  04:58:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release: Origin Pro 9.1.0 (32-bit) Sr2
Operating System: Windows 7

Hi,

I have recently updated from Origin 8.6 to Origin 9.1.

In 8.6, I had a number of .OGS files saved in my user files folder which meant that I could call a script file by simply typing the file name in the command window.

When I do this in 9.1 I simply get a #Command Error!

Is this not possible anymore in 9.1?

Regards,
C.Mulvenna

SeanMao

China
288 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2014 :  06:08:45 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi C.Mulvenna,

Origin 9.1 certainly still supports the feature you mentioned as long as the *ogs files are stored in Origin 9.1 user file folder instead of Origin 8.6 user file folder.

Did you transfer the *.ogs files to new directory?

Regards!

Sean

OriginLab Tech. Service
Go to Top of Page

Mulvenna

Germany
46 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2014 :  07:25:13 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Sean,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have done this. You see, the way I had Origin 8.6 set up was my user file folder was on a shared server, so that anyone that uses Origin can access the same script files. (i.e. multiple Origin users share the same user file folder) This ran perfectly.

So I have now created a second folder named "User Files (9.1)" and in the Origin options, have changed the User Files Folder to this directory.

But I have realized, my problem is that this is not working. If I save my scripts in the original directory (C:\Users\"USERNAME"\Documents\OriginLab\91\User Files) they can be called even though I have changed the user file directory within Origin and have restarted multiple times.

Do you know why this may happen?

Regards,
Conor
Go to Top of Page

Mulvenna

Germany
46 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2014 :  07:28:10 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Also, after changing the user file folder directory, if I type "cd" in the command window, it still tells me my working directory has not been changed.
Go to Top of Page

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2014 :  10:16:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Can you try using Tools: Transfer User Files to convert the 8.6 files to 9.1.
This should work.

Zheng
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000