The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Extract data from graph to data sheet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Pansell

Sweden
3 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2014 :  10:36:31 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello
Im working on eye movement recording signals. I would like to extract multiple data marker positions from a graph to a data sheet using the regional data selector tool. Im only interested in the positions of the markers since I will calculate signal drift over time in separate segments of the recording. If I have the X and Y position of the two markers for each segment this will be good enough. Does anyone know if this feature is available in Origin? See figure with three pairs of markers. I would like to manually mark all segments in the recording and then extract all data at once. Since Im not a programmer it is not just to write a script Im an optometrist
Thanks for any advice
Tony

Origin Ver. 8.0.63.988 and Service Release 6:
Operating System: W7

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2014 :  10:51:32 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

1). Use data markers to mark the first segments.
2). Select the curve, right click and select Copy Range.
3). Open a blank worksheet, select the 1st cell, right click and paste.
4). Move the data marker to select the 2nd range you want.
5). Repeat 2~3.
6). Do the same for the 3rd segment.

Zheng
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Pansell

Sweden
3 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2014 :  11:08:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for quick reply, sorry if I was unclear.
I'm not interested in the curve itself for this analysis. I want the cordinates of the data markers (X,Y). Something like:

mks1-a:X=12,42;Y=-8,11
mks1-b:X=13,32;Y=-10,71

Then I can calculate the change of Y over X.

AND I would love to mark all segments in the recording manually first and then transfer the marker-coordinates to a data sheet.
Go to Top of Page

lkb0221

China
497 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2014 :  3:35:07 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

So you only want corresponding Y values at those specific X positions?
Then you can try Analysis: Mathematics: Interpolate/Extrapolate Y from X... tool.
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Math-Inter-Extrapoltate-YfromX

There is a tricky way to do this, actually.
1). Select Gadget: Interpolate
2). In Interpolate/Extrapolate Options tab, Set Number of Points be 2, Fit Limits To be Data Points.
3). OK to apply the setting.
4). Move the yellow box to your first segment, click the right triangle button and New Output
5). Move the ROI to the next segment. and output again.
A new worksheet will be generated.

Zheng
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Pansell

Sweden
3 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2014 :  2:40:01 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Here is the solution to get all positions of the data markers to a separate data sheet (thanks Roberto!)

1.click with the right button on the blue strip of the graph window with the markers
2.select 'Show the Script Panel'
3.copy all the command lines written (below) and paste them on the bottom half of the script panel
4.Press the button 'Execute All'
DONE!

dataset mksB,mksE;
mks ob:=mksB oe:=mksE sort:=0;
%B=%C; %A=xof(%C);
win -n data; %R=%H;
work -v X1; work -v Y1;
work -v X2; work -v Y2;
loop(ii,1,mksB.getsize())
{ %R_X1[ii]=%A[mksB[ii]]; %R_Y1[ii]=%B[mksB[ii]];
%R_X2[ii]=%A[mksE[ii]]; %R_Y2[ii]=%B[mksE[ii]];};
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000