The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Copying data from excel, doesnt copy all data
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

iphark

12 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2014 :  09:33:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 8.50G SR1
Operating System:Win7

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to copy data from an excel file into my origin project. I have 225000 values in a column in excel and would like to copy this whole column into origin. It copies the first 65536 values but that's it. So I thought maybe origin can't handle more than 65536 values in the "cache" so I tried to copy the next 65536 values, but it won't work. It won't let me copy my data into the origin file. Anyone knows why? And how can I solve that problem?

Thanks a lot for your help!
iphark

zahraa

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2014 :  10:50:26 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Iphark,

This problem has actually been fixed in Version 9.0 or higher. You should consider upgrading, to learn your options contact your local distributor:
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Company/Distributors

Additionally what version of Excel are you currently using?

Thanks
Zahra

Originlab Technical Representative
Go to Top of Page

iphark

12 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2014 :  09:15:59 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey! Thanks for your answer zahraa!

Unfortunately I'm currently working in a rather small institution and I seem to be the first one to encounter this problem. So I guess the need for this specific feature is not enough to justify the costs for the upgrade.

My Excel version is 2010.

greetings
iphark
Go to Top of Page

zahraa

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2014 :  2:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Iphark,

There is one work around you can use:

1.) Go to Windows : Script
2.) Type: @XLP=0;
3.) Highlight it and press Enter

This should allow you to copy paste as many values as you need. However the downside to this workaround is that it does only text pasting, and so it will have the precision of the digits as currently shown in the source Excel sheet, so any real precision beyond that will be lost.

Thanks

Originlab Technical Representative
Go to Top of Page

iphark

12 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2014 :  04:01:46 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much! It worked!
Go to Top of Page

gracy.hm

42 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2014 :  03:17:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
I am facing the truncation problem while pasting my data in origin matrix.

I want to paste 1000 X 1000 matrix and above in origin, but my data is getting truncated

how to solve this.

thanks
Go to Top of Page

Echo_Chu

China
Posted - 07/21/2014 :  06:29:16 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, Gracy

Do you want to paste the 1000*1000 values to Origin worksheet or matrix?

If worksheet, could you let me know which version you are working with so that I can see whether the solution Zahra provides above works for your version.

If matrix, please set proper dimension of the matrix first. Then all the values should be able to be copied/pasted to the Origin matrix.

quote:
Originally posted by gracy.hm

Hi,
I am facing the truncation problem while pasting my data in origin matrix.

I want to paste 1000 X 1000 matrix and above in origin, but my data is getting truncated

how to solve this.

thanks

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000